Vanilla , Banana, Fruit Ice Cream
OPTION, substitute milk for cream. Do not use low fat milk.
NOTE: For soft scoop use 50/50 mix of white sugar and sweetener.
|185ml||Milk ( Full Fat Milk or substitute cream )|
|90g||Granulated sugar ( Soft scoop||50/50 of sugar and sweetener )|
1. Combine milk, vanilla ( split ) and 1/2 the sugar.
2. Warm in a pan to just below boiling point.
3. Remove from heat and leave for 15 mins to let flavours blend.
4. Combine, egg yolks and remaining sugar in a separate bowl. Beat until pale colour.
5. Use a bay marie to combine and bring near boil, stir constantly.
6. Let it cool, then freeze / use ice cream maker.
Banana / Fruit versions.
Slice the fruit.
When transferring from ice cream maker pot to the plastic tub, layer fruit and ice cream, like making a lasange.