Skip to content
Butternut squash and lime soup
- Heat the olive oil and the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion, cover and fry gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the vegetable stock cubes with 750ml/1¼ pint water and the milk and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for six minutes, or until the butternut squash is tender.
- Transfer to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Taste, and add more salt and pepper if required. Finish with a little lime juice.