- Â½ of a big cooked beet *
- 350g (12oz) oats
- Â¼ cup melted coconut oil / olive oil / rapeseed oil or any good stable oil.
- â cup milk
- Â½ cup cooked chickpeas
- Â½ cup honey
- a pinch of sea salt
- a pinch of baking powder
- Â¼ cup cocoa (optional)
- cocoa nibs/dark chocolate to sprinkle (optional)
Natural Erythritol Granulated ZERO Calorie Sugar Replacement
- If chickpeas are dried. Use slow cooker on low setting. 3 X Water to 1 of Chickpeas.
- Steam beetroot for about 25 to 45 mins. Medium size about 30mins. If its cooked a little too long no big deal.
- In a liquidizer , blend oats, baking powder, pinch of salt, and cocoa until fine.
- Next, add melted coconut oil, sweetener, and milk into the liquidizer and blend thoroughly.
- When the dough is smooth, fold in chickpeas and cooked, grated beet and blend.
- Put dough into a baking tray ( lined with baking paper ), you can sprinkle with dark chocolate chips or cocoa nibs and bake at 190 degrees Celsius (375 Â°F) for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Take it out of oven when the top is slightly brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the baked brownie cool for at least 15 minutes and then cut into smaller pieces.