450g pork scotch fillet, cut into 5mm slices
2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
1 small brown onion, cut into wedges
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
2 heaped tbs Thai red curry paste
Pinch lemon myrtle
300 ml thickened cream
Â¾ cup chicken stock
300g potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
200g green beans cut into 3 cm lengths
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
Pinch dried basil
Â¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 cup long grain rice
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Coat the pork slices with plain flour.
- Cook pork in two batches in the heated oil until browned on both sides. Adding more oil before the second batch, if necessary.
- Remove pork from the pan and set aside.
- If necessary, add a little more oil to the pan and allow time for it to heat.
- Add onion to pan and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add curry paste. Cook stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add lemon myrtle, cream and stock and bring to the boil.
- Add potatoes, beans, lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, basil and coriander to the mixture.
- Bring mixture to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Return pork to the pan, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegies and pork are cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, place the rice in boiling water for 15 minutes, drain and rinse with hot water.
- Serve the pork mixture over the rice.